A few weeks back, it happened to be an amazing journey from Karachi to Lahore. In spite of people’s never ending negative claims and last few very bad experiences, I opted again for a train journey. I however preferred Business Express over Karakarom and Karachi Express this time. It was a phenomenal journey of 17 hrs (aprox). The good thing was that when I got out of the train coach, I didn’t had that typical exhausted feeling when you actually travelled for so many hours.
- This train has categories /classes:
- Economy (without AC)
- Budget (with AC – I opted for this one)
- Business (with AC, LCD, wifi, dinner and breakfast)
I won’t just go into more details and list down the type of service they are offering:
- Train left the Karachi Cant Station at 3:35 pm whereas the scheduled time was 3:30pm
- We were served with a tea along with a pack that contained nimko, biscuits and cake
- A dedicated attendant and a Security guard were always available throughout the journey.
- Attendant visited regularly for the cleanup of the dustbin in the cabin
- Each cabin (for 6 persons) contained power sockets that can be used for charging mobiles/cameras/laptops etc
- Food offered in the train was managed by the caterers of Pearl Continental Hotel
- Train reached Lahore Junction (destination) at 9:15am which is 45 mins before the scheduled time.
- Prayer mats were available in the coach.
- Staff in the coach was very supportive and helpful.
- Washrooms were clean and very much usable. I never found the supply of Tissue paper and liquid soap exhausted.
- Train had a dedicated coach for a restaurant for food and beverages
All those who travel b/w these two cities regularly are highly recommended to try this service out.
Yes, this is just another topic for people to gossip around. Different point of views are put in front of you just to frame a bad picture of either the people of NWFP or the Members of “Rooet-e-Hilal Committee”. The reason why I decided to do a post on this topic is a Hadith, of which I am specifying the central idea.“When the day of Judgment will be near, people will start gossiping on the sight of Moon and say that this moon is not of 29th or this moon should have sighted yesterday in case of 30 days of Ramadan
Since I have heard this hadith, trust me its been very depressing to hear people when as per the sight of moon Eid is declared to be after 30th Ramadan and people start claiming
“yar dekhna kal ka chanda bara hu ga” & they prove it by showing it on the sky!
“Aik roza zyada rakhwa dya bhyee” ,
“Yar in logon ko kuch nazar nae aataa” ,
“Yar in ko Karachi mein chand nazar nae aata baqee sub jaaga aajata hai”
And what not, the same people contradict their statements when the Sight of Moon is announced to have Eid after 29th ramadan, you might have found the following comments
“Bhyee ye aik roza kha gaye”
“NWFP k pressure mein aagaye!”
“How come they have seen it yar ….technically its not possible k ajj chand nazar aaye ”
and now a very good one that I have heard….this time!!!
“Yar zardari ka fone aayaa America sey k Eid karwa do…” lolz!!
“Emergency Eid Mubarak”
“Sayaasi Eid Mubarak”
C`mon! Where are we heading towards?? Isn’t that something we call illiteracy or what we say ‘JAHALIYAT’. I don’t want to offend any one by using such words. But believe me we are not leading towards any conclusion whether we comment over it or not. As per our usual routine we have made it our habit to comment over these things.
The credit of spreading this chaos this time goes to our TV Channels as well, who put the ticker on their channels about the announcement of EID to be n Thursday. However the chairman of Rooet-e-Hilal Committee had not announced nor did any press conference regarding any finalized decision. Forgod sake, GEO/ARY/EXPRESS/ATV/DAWN/SAMA you are all requested not to race in spreading news without any confirmation that turns out to be a rumor later on. In this era when our whole nation is discriminated, when we all need to stand by a Flag yet united… this act of media channels is affecting the noble cause of those who want to have peace and prosperous Pakistan.
Wishing you are very HappY EID!