A few weeks back, it happened to be an amazing journey from Karachi to Lahore. In spite of people’s never ending negative claims and last few very bad experiences, I opted again for a train journey. I however preferred Business Express over Karakarom and Karachi Express this time. It was a phenomenal journey of 17 hrs (aprox). The good thing was that when I got out of the train coach, I didn’t had that typical exhausted feeling when you actually travelled for so many hours.
- This train has categories /classes:
- Economy (without AC)
- Budget (with AC – I opted for this one)
- Business (with AC, LCD, wifi, dinner and breakfast)
I won’t just go into more details and list down the type of service they are offering:
- Train left the Karachi Cant Station at 3:35 pm whereas the scheduled time was 3:30pm
- We were served with a tea along with a pack that contained nimko, biscuits and cake
- A dedicated attendant and a Security guard were always available throughout the journey.
- Attendant visited regularly for the cleanup of the dustbin in the cabin
- Each cabin (for 6 persons) contained power sockets that can be used for charging mobiles/cameras/laptops etc
- Food offered in the train was managed by the caterers of Pearl Continental Hotel
- Train reached Lahore Junction (destination) at 9:15am which is 45 mins before the scheduled time.
- Prayer mats were available in the coach.
- Staff in the coach was very supportive and helpful.
- Washrooms were clean and very much usable. I never found the supply of Tissue paper and liquid soap exhausted.
- Train had a dedicated coach for a restaurant for food and beverages
All those who travel b/w these two cities regularly are highly recommended to try this service out.